F.C. Edmonds is a Select Soccer Club housing players predominantly from the Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace areas of western Washington. For nearly 20 years, our recreational feeder program has been the Sno-King Youth Club & Sno-King Soccer Club based in Edmonds, WA.
We provide a local Select option for players seeking a more competitive track than Rec and less commitment, cost, and travel than strictly Premier clubs.
Our goal is to develop young people to be well-rounded individuals via the participation in a variety of other sports and activities throughout the year outside of or in addition to soccer. Nothing is more important than the development of our players in both soccer and life skills.
FCE teams (U11-U15) participate in the NPSL (North Puget Sound League), WSYSA State League and PSPL (US CLUB Soccer).
FCE is a member of the South Snohomish County Youth Soccer Association and is located in District 1, along with North County Youth Soccer Association, Seattle Youth Soccer Association, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom County, and Whidbey Island. As such, our competitors in the D1 League are from the cities/towns in these respective Associations. Likewise, as NPSL is a combo league of District 1 and District 2 (www.wsysad2.org), our competitors in that league are clubs from the cities/towns inside D1 and D2.
We are dedicated to furthering the development of the physical, mental, and emotional growth of youth through the sport of soccer.
OUR CORE BELIEFS:
During the development years, some children will excel at soccer and seek a more competitive place to play. We recognize this and strive to meet this need by creating an environment where youth soccer players can grow mentally, physically, and emotionally through the game of soccer.
The game of soccer provides opportunities to develop a positive self-image and respect for teammates, opponents, and referees.
We will educate players on how to “Honor the Game.” Winning is important, but life lessons are even more important.
Our program is open to all kids.
FC Edmonds offers its players and families:
- Quality training by experienced licensed coaches
- Competitive league and tournament play
- Scholarship opportunities for players needing assistance.
FC EDMONDS CONTACT INFORMATION:
Mailing Address: PO Box 505, Edmonds WA 98020
Web Site: fcedmonds.net
Message Phone: 425-775-2633
FC Edmonds is proud of its coaching staff and the many volunteers who make our program a great place for young soccer players to develop on and off the field.
Our coaches offer:
- An understanding of the specific age characteristics and needs of the players;
- An ability to develop individual and team skills;
- An ability to maintain the confidence and trust of parents and families;
- A willingness to commit the necessary time throughout the soccer year;
- A WSYSA “E” license (recommended minimum);
- A demonstrable working knowledge of soccer skills and game strategies.
Our coaches are expected to:
- Abide by club by-laws, guidelines, policies, and procedures;
- Demonstrate a positive attitude;
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the game of soccer;
- Teach skills and fair tactics;
- Set high standards;
- Set personal goals with players;
- Insist on academic excellence;
- Be patient;
- Treat all players fairly and respectfully;
- Listen to their players;
- Maintain an open and inquiring mind;
- Discourage unfair gamesmanship;
- Speak to players as they wish to be spoken to;
- Be respectful to referees, opponents, and other coaches;
- Communicate expectations with team managers on a regular basis;
- Communicate with players regularly regarding their strengths and skills requiring improvement, including an annual written assessment;
- Communicate with parents regularly;
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate;
OUR PLAYERS :
FC Edmonds players are winners both on and off the field. They strive to improve their skills, obey the laws, and display exemplary sportsmanship.
Our players are expected to:
- Make all practices—not attending practice can affect playing time;
- Come to practice with their soccer gear, water and be ready to participate;
- Have a good attitude;
- Put forth their best effort;
- Set personal goals with their coach;
- Work to improve skills outside of practice;
- Eat a nutritious diet and get plenty of sleep;
- Let the coach know of any injuries;
- Be respectful to referees, opponents, teammates, and coaches;
- Understand that school comes first over soccer;
- Not use alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
Players must re-qualify for a team each year at open tryouts.
Any player who resigns or is released from a team will still be responsible for covering an appropriate share of team fees and expenses.
TEAM AND CLUB FINANCES:
Each team has a variety of operating expenses including, but not limited to: program fees, training fees, tournament entry fees, uniforms and equipment costs. Team budgets vary greatly depending on the expectations of the Program, coaching staff, players and families. Each player’s family should receive a team budget after selection to the team, along with the guidelines for payment of team fees.
Teams are allowed to raise money through fundraisers and sponsors to help defray costs. To be eligible for a tax deduction, the donor must provide funds to the SnoKing Soccer Club, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. 90% of the funds will then be distributed to the team for expenses. Submit your sponsorship check payable to SKYC and mail it to PO Box 505, Edmonds, Wa 98020. Authorized sponsors will be listed on the website.
The beginning of the season (generally once tryouts are completed) is the time most expenses for the team are incurred. This is due to uniform purchases, equipment needs, tournament fees and team fees. Families are encouraged to work out payment schedules with team treasurers to make sure that all team fees are covered when needed.
Players who leave an FC Edmonds team within 90 days of team selection will be entitled to 50% refund of the program player fee. Players leaving a team during the league season or post-season state cup play will not be offered refunds. Refund of the team portion of the fees is based on the agreement between the coaches and families. All refunds are issued by the individual team treasurers.
Families needing financial assistance should speak with their Team Manager or Team Treasurer.
All financial assistance information will remain confidential.
Each FC Edmonds player pays a program fee that covers such things as practice field rental, game field rental, referees, insurance, state and association fees, and other club administrative expenses. Field rental is the largest expense.
Team uniforms will be selected by the FC Edmonds uniform sub-committee. The plan is to use the uniform for two years to help defray some team costs. Our provider of choice is Sporthaus Schmetzer, who offers a discount to the families and players of FC Edmonds.
The following program policies have been set in place:
Approved club logos must be used.
Individual team sponsorship will be allowed on uniforms.
Home Uniform for all Teams
Socks: Black w/Yellow Stripes
Away Uniform for all Teams
Socks: Black w/Yellow Stripes
Warm-Ups for all Teams
Training Top: Black Diadora
Training Pant: Black Diadora
Bags for all Teams
Teams have a choice of: Black Game bag or Black/Yellow Backpacks
COMPETITION—GAME AND TOURNAMENT PLAY
FC Edmonds teams typically play in four different kinds of games: “Friendly” scrimmages, local tournament games, spring or fall league games, and winter state cup tournaments.
Informal scrimmages are normally set up between local teams in the area.
Spring and summer tournaments are offered throughout the state of Washington. Most coaches will enter their team in three or more tournaments. Tournament games are typically played on weekends with three or more guaranteed games. Group games are usually scheduled for Fridays and Saturdays, and semi-final and final games on Sundays. Tournaments offer teams a chance to test their skills and tactics against local competition. Teams may participate out of state if they choose.
FALL/SPRING LEAGUE GAMES
Ages U11 through U19 FC Edmonds teams will play a fall schedule that usually starts the weekend after Labor Day and ends in mid-December. The season for girl’s U15 through U19 teams is from November to March.
FC Edmonds teams are encouraged to participate in state tournament play. There are currently three tournaments for varying levels of play: Founders Cup (lowest level), Challenge Cup (middle level), and the Championship Cup (highest level).Play generally begins in January with finals in February and March (for fall season teams).